Saturday 24 March 2012

Catch it early- logo for app and poster design


I have modified the visual for the lung cancer awareness project. I have decided to not use the typographical image visual. Although it can deliver the message to the audience, I feel that it does not capture the friendly mode of address that will help to make the campaign more successful by reaching to the audience in a more inviting and supportive way. The typography in the shape of the lung does inform the audience hat they need to know but the image makes the delivery approach seem morbid. 

I have decided to stick with an infographic style but in a more visual manner that delivers the message in a more positive way. As my campaign consists of an installation and app, I will need to make the identity of the campaign coherent through all forms of media. I will adhere to the three colour palette range I have utilised in the installation and use this to create the identity for the campaign. As the circle shape is simplistic, I intend to keep with a minimalistic theme. 

I had originally planned to have the app logo using the circle installation shapes. However, I feel that the circle is too ambiguous and relies on the typography to be read in order to recognise the app. Although the circles and colours help to capture a more positive tone, it would be better if this is emphasised to the audience. 

To enhance the recognition of the app and the campaign, I have designed a logo which can be transferred across all media. I have decided to use a simple shapes to create a silhouette of a person with outstretched arms. This anchors the 'catch it early' message as the silhouette appears to be ready to catch something'. The stance also connotes a more optimistic outlook helping to capture the message that there is support available. Additionally this works to create a community feel so that people do not feel isolated and are part of a group to tackle and overcome their lung cancer diagnosis. in order for people to recognise that lung cancer aspect of the campaign, I have drawn a simplified lung vector inside the silhouette for easy recognition. 


© Kasumi Miyake 2012


I have created a mock up of what the app could look like when viewed on the iTunes store as a way to show how the app logo works in context. I intend to create the visualisations for the app as well but for this, I have utilised an existing app for reference.


© Kasumi Miyake 2012

Logo working in context. 

© Kasumi Miyake 2012


When the application is opened, the logo will appear as the welcome feature.
© Kasumi Miyake 2012


After, the welcome visual appears the app will display the its contents. I have kept to a minimalistic aesthetic so that the user can navigate around the app easily.



© Kasumi Miyake 2012
I plan to develop the remainder of the apps contents over the course of the week.

I have also developed a few poster designs using the logo as a means of creating a unified campaign that people can recognise which will help to get more people aware of the campaign and to get them to download the app. I have visualised the poster info graphically to make the poster more appealing.

© Kasumi Miyake 2012
© Kasumi Miyake 2012

© Kasumi Miyake 2012
I think the first one works better as the second composition's tagline visually segregates the idea of being part of a group. The third composition's tagline size does not really encapsulate its meaning, the larger font size captures a stronger voice making the statement more convincing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment