Monday 12 March 2012

Non-smoker guide to lung cancer- Awareness Campaign

As my lung cancer awareness project has shifted to aim non-smokers instead of smokers, I have brainstormed and have created my initial visualisations showing how I could deliver this campaign.

I have decided to create a text image of a lung to create a infographic based visual that informs the viewers the message that although the primary cause of lung cancer is smoking, lung cancer does not only affect smokers but also non-smokers. In order to highlight this, I have used my statistical findings to create a more convincing tone of voice. The pink and white hues help to capture the lungs but also helps to induce a softer tone of voice. I have tried to convey that the organisations are there to support people. I know that the typography isn't right at some places but I am just trying to create quick visualisations just to show my idea.

© Kasumi Miyake 2012

© Kasumi Miyake 2012

© Kasumi Miyake 2012

I thought that the QR code could slowly appear as if mimicking the sign of a lung cancer as you would see in an x-ray to highlight the importance of seeking early diagnosis in a more subtle manner. This could also attract more attention due to the interactive nature of the poster due to the movement. However, I am not sure if this is a bit too ambiguous.

Strategy:
I have decided an app would be the primary media tool to reach and interact with the audience because it can be downloaded instantly, easily and for free. The app can be downloaded and viewed privately by the audience so they do not have to feel hesitant about finding out information. They can view it at a time and place they feel comfortable.

© Kasumi Miyake 2012
 The audience can simply snap a picture of poster and be directed to iTunes where they can download the app for free.
© Kasumi Miyake 2012
 I have started considering the features the app would need and the basic layout. I think four main headings will help to categorise and organise the information needed for the audience. From these categories I will need to further develop what information needs to be included. I intend to use the same visual aesthetic of the poster to keep it cohesive.
© Kasumi Miyake 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment